Garden City, KS(westernkansasnews.com) Garden City Community College has been named one of the 50 best community colleges in the United States by TheBestSchools.org.
GCCC came in at number 31 on the list. The Best Schools selected the schools based on a comparison of several studies and ratings of community colleges, each with their own unique selection criteria, as well as the schools’ reputation and our review of notable community colleges. While completion/graduation rates are important to any college’s success, we identified several factors as especially significant to select the top community colleges:
- Sustained Achievement Outcomes: Ongoing success in student perseverance and completion of Associate Degrees and/or transfer to four-year colleges.
- Learning Outcomes: Values and practices that actively engage students and require them to stretch academically; explore learning freely; pursue a variety of educational experiences and areas of study.
- Deployment Outcomes: Strong rates of employment, salaries and advancement for graduates matched with workplace skill needs
- Equitable Outcomes: Policies and practices that result in student diversity and success among low-income students and underrepresented racial/ethnic groups (African American, Hispanic/Latino and Native American)
- Cost-to-Value Outcomes: Reasonable tuition costs, access to financial aid resources and an emphasis on minimizing post-school debt.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of WesternKansasNews.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by WesternKansasNews.com.