Black Hills Energy
WICHITA, Kan. – July 20, 2020 – With the continuance of the COVID-19 pandemic, Black Hills Energy understood many of their customers could be facing financial hardships. As a result, the company showed its support by temporarily suspending nonpayment disconnections and late-payment charges effective March 16, 2020.
Now, as communities work to find a new normal, Black Hills Energy will be resuming collection processes as of Aug. 1, 2020. The company is working hard to ensure its customers know of the many options for financial support available to them as part of a proactive outreach for assistance. The company has shared several possible solutions, including information and resources available to customers to ensure they take full advantage of those options.
“Our normal has always meant supporting our customers and communities, and it still does, which is why we support making available several programs to help those who have been financially impacted by COVID-19,” said Black Hills Energy General Manager Jerry Watkins.
Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the following programs if they find themselves struggling to pay their utility bills during this time:
- Budget billing is a free, stable payment plan. It gives customer’s more predictable bills by averaging the amount you pay each month.
- Payment arrangements provide extended payment terms to help customers get back on track. A customer can enter into one of these flexible arrangements online or by calling (888) 890-5554.
- Black Hills Cares helps eligible residential customers in need pay their Black Hills Energy bills or emergency energy-related expenses. The program uses voluntary donations from employees and customers to match those contributions dollar for dollar. If you’d like to help families in your community, check the box on your payment stub and Black Hills Energy will match your gift.
- Medical extensions offer qualifying residential customers a limited extension of time to pay their utility bill.
- 211.org is a comprehensive source of social services information in the U.S. This free service connects millions of people to help in meeting essential needs and more.
- Additional assistance programs are available in certain areas. Contact the company to learn more.
“Black Hills Energy has always set a priority to safely keep the gas flowing in the communities we serve, particularly during times of hardship,” Watkins said. “As we all transition into a new normal, Black Hills Energy will continue to take steps to support our customers as they continue to rebound from the effects of COVID-19.”
To learn more about what the company is doing to assist customers, please visit blackhillsenergy.com/covid-KS or call (888) 890-5554 to discuss options that may be available for you.