Pearl Lorene Greathouse, former Garden City resident, age 91, died Sunday, October 27, 2013 at Via Christi Village in Hays, Kansas. She was born December 5, 1921 in Plains, Kansas to John Wilford & Mary Blanch Kruger Dufield. On August 2, 1942, she married Ralph A. Greathouse in Garden City, Kansas. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Garden City, and was a busy farm wife who enjoyed cooking and sewing. As a dedicated mother, she kept up with an additional home in Paola for 16 years, traveling many miles to and from their farm home for the educational needs of her deaf son David, who attended a special school in that area.
- Four sons, Lee Greathouse of Garden City, Kansas,
- Gary Greathouse of Ft. Collins, Colorado,
- John Greathouse of Hays, Kansas, and
- David Greathouse of Hays, Kansas;
- one daughter, Rebecca Middleton of Holiday Island, Arkansas;
- one sister, Ruby Campbell of Placentia, California;
- nine grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren, with an additional one on the way.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters, Esther (an infant), Agnes Toland and Betty White, and an infant granddaughter, Kathryn Greathouse.
Funeral Services will be held at 2:00pm on Thursday, October 31, 2013, at the First United Methodist Church in Garden City, Kansas.
Interment will be held in the Valley View Cemetery in Garden City, Kansas following the funeral services.
Friends may call from 10:00am-8:00pm Wednesday at the Price & Sons Funeral Home in Garden City, Kansas.
Memorials may be given to the Lupus Foundation or to the First United Methodist Church of Garden City, both in care of Price & Sons Funeral Home.