, age 88, died Monday, January 27, 2014 at the St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City, Kansas. He was born on July 14, 1925 in Estacion de las Aldamas N.L., Mexico the son of Esteban and Maria Luz Garcia Salinas. A resident of Garden City since 1949 he owned and operated a landscaping and lawn care business in Garden City for many years.
He was a member of the St. Dominic Catholic Church of Garden City, Kansas.
On October 15, 1949 he married Josephine Robles in Casa Grande, Arizona. She died March 21, 2003 in Garden City, Kansas.
- Four Sons, Gerard E. Salinas of Carrollton, Texas,
- Fred J. Salinas of El Campo, Texas,
- Steven P. Salinas of Allen, Texas and
- Robert J. Salinas of Dodge City, Kansas;
- Three Brothers,, Ernesto Salinas of Rio Hondo, Texas,
- Erasto Salinas of Elsa, Texas and
- Ursulino Salinas of Pearland, Texas;
- One Sister, Manuela Torres of Parlier, California
- Four Grandchildren and Three Great-Grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Two Brothers, Herberto & Emiliano Salinas and One Sister, Antonia Guerra.
Vigil and Rosary services will be held at 7:00pm on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at St. Dominic Catholic Church in Garden City.
The Funeral Mass will be held at 10:30am on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at St. Dominic Catholic Church in Garden City.
There will be no calling times.
Interment will be in the Valley View Cemetery in Garden City, Kansas.
Memorials be given to St. Dominic Catholic Church in care of Price & Sons Funeral Home of Garden City.