Raymond Lewis Fox, age 78, died Saturday, January 4, 2014 at St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City, Kansas. He was born January 5, 1935 in Salina, Kansas the son of Ferris Myron Lewis and Mary Naomi Hammontree Fox. A resident of Garden City since 1972, he had been a high school educator, counselor and coach; an independent contractor; and served in the US Army Reserve.
He was a member of the First United Methodist Church, the YMCA and board member with the Habitat For Humanity all of Garden City, Kansas. He was part of the Kansas State High School Activities Association Board as a basketball, football and track referee for many years.
On February 14, 1959 he married Ruth Elaine Kocher in Salina, Kansas. She survives.
Other survivors include:
- Three Sons, Col. Scott (& Megan) Fox of Cheyenne, Wyoming,
- David Fox of Reno, Nevada and
- Mark (& Cindy) Fox of Athens, Georgia;
- Two Sisters, Kay (& David) Soderberg of Salina, Kansas and
- Ann (& David) Newton of Tampa, Florida;
- Four Grandchildren, Matthew & Alex Fox of Laramie, Wyoming,
- Parker & Olivia Fox of Athens, Georgia;
He was preceded in death by his parents, a niece, Diane Soderberg and a nephew, David Newton.
Memorial services will be held at 5:00pm on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at the First United Methodist Church in Garden City, Kansas.
There will be no calling times.
Private family burial will be held at a later date.
Memorials may be given to the Pathfinders Sunday School Scholarship Fund or the Santa Fe Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America for Spanish Peaks Scout Ranch Recovery both in care of Price & Sons Funeral Home.