Dale Lynn Taylor, age 81, died Monday, February 3, 2014 at St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City, Kansas. He was born on January 14, 1933 in Uniontown, Kansas the son of Frank Henry & Frances Thelma Comstock Taylor. A resident of Garden City since 1966, he had worked for Osborn Heirs Company, and was U.S. Navy veteran, serving in the Korean Conflict.
He was a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles, the Finney County Senior Center, where he was chairman of the Board of for six years and was a member of the U.S.S. Bayfield Veterans Group.
In December, 1955, he married Betty Howard. She died in July, 1957. On April 5, 1962, he married Jeanette Fletcher in Leoti, Kansas. She survives.
Other Survivors Include:
- Three Daughters, Tina Jean Roe of Goodland, Kansas,
- Brenda Dee Short of Macon, Missouri, and
- Lisa Ann Emick of Garden City, Kansas;
- Two Brothers, DonTaylor of Scott City, Kansas and
- Darrel Taylor of Garden City, Kansas;
- One Sister, Carol Wilson of Manzanola, Colorado;
- Five Granddaughters and Two Great-Grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother, Frank Taylor Jr. and one sister, Thelma McWilson.
Funeral Services will be held at 2:00pm on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at the Price & Sons Funeral Home in Garden City, Kansas.
Friends may call from 10:00am-8:00pm Wednesday at the funeral home.
Interment will be at the Scott County Cemetery in Scott City, Kansas.