Michael Charles Barber, age 67, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at his home in Garden City, KS. He was born on February 15, 1947 in Garden City, KS the son of Frank and Rose Gaschler Barber. A resident of Garden City since 1973, Michael was a Regional Manager for IBT.
In 1964 he married Roberta Sue Anderson in Scott City, Kansas. They divorced and then on July 26, 2006 he married Hallie Elaine Nusser in Juneau, Alaska. They survive.
Other Survivors include:
- Five Sons, Michael Shane (& Michelle) Barber of Shawnee, Kansas,
- Frank Dean (& Kim) Barber of Lenexa, Kansas,
- William Brett (& Kim) Barber of Hesston, Kansas,
- Eric Andrew (& Julie) Barber of Hastings, Nebraska and
- Kris James (& Elizabeth) Barber of Denver, Colorado;
- One Step-Son, Jason Lee (& Jacquelyn) Porter of Garden City, Kansas;
- One Step-Daughter, Leslie Porter of Garden City, Kansas;
- One Sister, Debbie Morgan of Salt Lake City, Utah;
- Twenty-One Grandchildren and Five Great-Grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a Brother, Mario Barber.
Vigil and Rosary services will be held at 7:00pm on Thursday, March 13, 2014 at St. Dominic Catholic Church in Garden City.
The Funeral Mass will be held at 10:30am on Friday, March 14, 2014 at St. Dominic Catholic Church in Garden City.
Friends may call from 10:00am to 6:00pm on Thursday at the Price & Sons Funeral Home in Garden City, Kansas.
Interment will be in the Scott County Cemetery in Scott City, Kansas.
Memorials be given to the University of Kansas Medical Center in care of Price & Sons Funeral Home of Garden City.