Betty Ann Barnes, age 71, died Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at the St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City, Kansas. She was born on October 8, 1942 in Barton County, Kansas the daughter of Reuben R. & Edna Templing Steinert. A resident of Garden City since 1988, she was a certified dietician, having worked for the Russell Care Center in Russell, KS.
She was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Garden City, the Eagles Ladies Auxiliary, the American Legion Auxiliary and a Life Member of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary.
On October 21, 1962, she married Harlan Maier in Milberger, Kansas. On May 22, 1978, she married Myron Watkins at Russell, Kansas, and on September 25, 2005, she married Ralph Barnes in Garden City, Kansas. Ralph preceded her in death on February 15, 2008 in Garden City, Kansas.
- One Son, Mark (& Jennifer) Maier of Garden City, Kansas;
- One Brother, Kenny Steinert of Garden City, Kansas;
- One Sister-In-Law, Jolene Steinert of Olmitz, Kansas;
- Three Aunts, Maybelline Karst of Great Bend, Kansas,
- Virginia Boxberger of Russell, Kansas and
- Edna Tittel of Russell, Kansas;
- Her Companion, Myron Gillock of Garden City, Kansas;
- Five Grandchildren and Six Great-Grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, One Brother, Duane Steinert, One Son, Monte Maier and Two Grandchildren.
Funeral Services will be held at 11:00am on Monday, April 14, 2014 at the First United Methodist Church in Garden City, Kansas.
Friends may call from 1-8pm Sunday, with family receiving friends from 6-8pm at Price & Sons Funeral Home.
Graveside Services will be held at 11:00am on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at the United Emmanuel Lutheran Church Cemetery in Milberger, Kansas.
Memorials may be given to the Betty Barnes Memorial Fund in care of Price & Sons Funeral Home.