Clifford C. Jay, age 95, died on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at the Homestead Health & Rehabilitation Center in Garden City, Kansas. He was born on May 27, 1919 in Ford, Kansas the son of Scott & Bessie Belle Karns Jay. A resident of Garden City since 1994 he was a Farmer and cattleman
He was a member of the United Methodist Church of Leoti, Kansas.
He was a former member of the Masonic Lodge, the Wichita Consistory, the ISIS Shrine Temple and was on the Wichita County School Board for 17 years.
On Dec. 12, 1944 he married Helen L. Redding in Leoti, Kansas. She survives.
Other survivors include:
- Four Sons, Steve Jay of Phoenix, Arizona,
- Rick Jay of Phoenix, Arizona,
- Bruce Jay of Bakersfield, California and
- Doug Jay of Denver, Colorado;
- One Daughter, Renee’ Geyer of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma;
- One Sister, Wanda L. Ratzlaff of Minneola, Kansas;
- Eleven Grandchildren and Twenty-Two Great-Grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by Five Brothers and Three Sisters.
There will be no public visitation.
Private family services will be held at a later date.
Memorials may be given to the United Methodist Church of Leoti, KS in care of Price & Sons Funeral Home