Harriet Jones, age 91, passed away at the Park Lane Nursing Home in Scott City, Kansas on Monday, January 19, 2015. She was born on August 22, 1923 in Hutchinson, Kansas, the daughter of Harry and Gertrude Thompson Bossemeyer. A resident of Scott City since 1947 moving from Hutchinson, Kansas, she was a homemaker.
She was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma, Scott County Library Board, PEO, and the University of Kansas Alumni Association.
On September 20, 1947 she married Walter F. “Sonny” Jones in Hutchinson, Kansas. He passed away on April 20, 2007 in Scott City, Kansas.
- Two Sons Terry “Yogi” and Emily Jones of Wichita, Kansas
- Steve and Susan Jones of Lawrence, Kansas
- Four Grandsons Mike Jones of Denver, Colorado
- Chris Jones of Lenexa, Kansas
- Steven Jones of Wichita, Kansas
- Brian Jones of Kansas City, Missouri
- One Granddaughter Allison Stedman of Kansas City, Missouri
She was preceded in death by her Parents, Husband and One Son, Michael J. Jones.
Funeral Services St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Scott City, Kansas 10:30 p.m. Friday, January 23, 2015
Officiant The Reverend Don Martin
Memorials St. Luke’s Episcopal Church or The Scott County Library % Price & Sons Funeral Home.
Interment Scott County Cemetery in Scott City, Kansas
Visitation 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Thursday.
Price & Sons Funeral Home in Scott City, Kansas