Alene Nell Fisher, age 96, passed away on Sunday, March 8, 2015, at Wichita County Health Center in Leoti, Kansas. Alene was born August 30, 1918 near Ingalls, Kansas, the daughter of Alvin H. & Bertha Mae Crick Hewes. A resident of Wichita County since the 1930’s, she was a homemaker and farm wife.
Alene was a member of the United Methodist Church and Rebekah Lodge both in Leoti, Kansas.
On August 28, 1938 she married Jess L. Fisher at Lakin, Kansas. Jess passed away on December 14, 1982 in Leoti, Kansas
Alene’s surviving family includes-
- Three Children-
- John A. & Evelyn Fisher- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jalene K. & Christopher Conrad- Wray, Colorado
- Clark M. Fisher- Leoti, Kansas
- Eight Grandchildren-
- Trevor & Shylyn Fisher- Scott City, Kansas
- John D. & Kayla Fisher- Scott City, Kansas
- Robin & Ken Fisher-Bleichwehl- Denver, Colorado
- Brianne & Jay Fulmer- Anchorage, Alaska
- Keenan Conrad- Wray, Colorado
- Shaw Conrad- Wray, Colorado
- Camilla Conrad- Wray, Colorado
- Masten Conrad- Denver, Colorado
- Six Great Grandchildren-
- Paige Fisher- Scott City, Kansas
- Brooke Fisher- Scott City, Kansas
- Jaxon Fisher- Scott City, Kansas
- Kinsey Fisher- Scott City, Kansas
- Lexington Avery Fulmer- Anchorage, Alaska
- Sophia Conrad- Wray, Colorado
Her parents, husband and in 1949, a daughter, Emmalee Fisher, preceded her in death.
Funeral services will be held at 2:00 pm Friday, March 13, 2015 at the United Methodist Church in Leoti, Kansas with the Reverend Brad Kirk officiating.
Burial will be in Leoti Cemetery in Leoti, Kansas.
Friends may call from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm Wednesday and from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm Thursday at Price & Sons Funeral Home in Leoti, Kansas.
Memorials may be given to Leoti EMT’s, United Methodist Church, Museum of the Great Plains or Wichita County Long Term Care Center in care of the funeral home.
Condolences may be sent to the family through the funeral home website at priceandsons.com