June 20, 2024

DC News: Man Dies in Apartment Fire Saturday Morning

Dodge City, KS (westernkansasnews.com) A 54 year old man living in the South Hi-Rise Apartment of Dodge City died from smoke inhalation during a fire Saturday morning.  Fire officials believe the blaze started in the kitchen from a stove that remained on while the man was sleeping. The victim has been identified as Allen Barrand.  Investigators say the fire alarm was disabled.  If working properly the alarm could have saved the man’s life.