Hamilton County, Kansas – HAMILTON COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT is announcing the first case of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Hamilton County. Testing sent to a private Kansas Laboratory identified the positive case.
The case involves a male, in the 10 to 19 age range, with no travel history. Hamilton County Health Department is working to identify any close contacts of the individual and those who were exposed will be contacted as soon as possible. We will be monitoring these contacts for fever and respiratory symptoms. No further information about the patient will be released. Investigation is ongoing.
IF YOU ARE SICK:
- Call Hamilton County Hospital Triage number, 620-451-0443, before visiting the clinic/ER.
- Stay at home unless you are needing medical care. DO NOT go out in public!!
- Monitor your symptoms daily.
HAMILTON COUNTY HEALTH OFFICER HAS ALSO STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:
- Follow the STAY HOME ORDER except to get essential groceries, medical attention, or if you work for an essential business.
- If you do need to go out in public, wear a mask and practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet between you and other people.
- Wash your hands often, use hand sanitizer, and avoid touching your face. Clean ALL highly used surfaces daily.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Hamilton County Health Department has worked closely on these decisions with numerous community partners, including Hamilton County Government, Hamilton County Emergency Manager, and Hamilton County Hospital.
Hamilton County residents can stay informed by visiting:
www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus or http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
For general COVID 19 information, contact the KDHE phone bank at 1-866-534-3463 (1-866- KDHEINF) or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Hamilton County Health Department at 620-384-7875 or email email@example.com.