June 19, 2024

Drinking Water Advisories Issued for Towns Riverview Subdivision, Finney County

Kansas Department of Health and Environment

TOPEKA – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has issued the following advisories for the Towns Riverview Subdivision public water supply system, located in Finney County. These advisories took effect on June 30 and will remain in effect until further notice by KDHE. 

Advisory 1: Boil Water Advisory Rescinded for Towns Riverview Subdivision North. The Boil Water Advisory issued on April 20 for failure to maintain adequate pressure in the distribution system is rescinded. Laboratory testing samples collected from Towns Riverview North indicate no evidence of bacteriological contamination. Towns Riverview North Subdivision (North of E Weldon Road and West of S Towns Road) water service will continue via a connection to Garden City public water supply system with no additional advisories in effect. 

Advisory 2: Do Not Drink Order Issued for Towns Riverview Subdivision South. A Do Not Drink Order is in effect for customers located in Towns Riverview Subdivision South, located South of E Weldon Road and East of S Towns Road. KDHE officials issued the order because of unknown water quality in a secondary source used to resolve low pressure violations in the South Subdivision service area. 

The following precautions should be observed: 

  • Water should not be ingested or used for brushing teeth. Use bottled water. 
  • Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from an automatic icemaker. 
  • Do not use water to cook or prepare food. 
  • Do not use water to prepare baby formula. 
  • Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. 

Potable water is being supplied by Towns Riverview South Subdivision public water supply system at designated stations throughout the distribution system. KDHE advises water from these stations be boiled before used for consumption. 

Protect and Improve the Health and Environment of all Kansans 

For consumer questions, please contact the water system or KDHE at 785-296-5514. For consumer information please visit KDHE’s PWS Consumer Information webpage: http://www.kdheks.gov/pws/emergencyresponse/water_disruption.htm