Finney County has been chosen to receive $4,645 in Phase 38 Set Aside Funds to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county.
A local board made up of Catholic Charities of Southwest Kansas, The Salvation Army, Emmaus House Emergency Shelter, Live Well Finney County, Genesis Family Health, Red Cross, Ministerial Alliance, United Way of Finney County and The City of Garden City will determine how the funds awarded to Finney County are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area. The local board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds made available under this phase of the program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
1) be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
2) be eligible to receive Federal funds
3) have an accounting system
4) practice nondiscrimination
5) have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter program
6) if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board. Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.