Garden City, Kan (WesternKansasNews.Com) – Now would be a great time to clean up the old furniture and junk in the alleys.
The Garden City 2022 Fall Cleanup Program will be held during the last week of September and
the first week of October 2022. The free pick-up service for Residential Areas ONLY will begin
on September 26 and run through October 7, 2022. The Fall Cleanup is not for businesses. To
accommodate the needs of both the homeowner and City collection crews, the City has been
divided into eight collection areas. Each area will correspond with the calendar day on which
the pick-up will occur.
• September 26: North of Kansas Avenue to South of Mary Street between Fleming Street
and By-Pass, and North of Mary Street to North City Limits between Main Street and By-
• September 27: North of Drainage Ditch to North City Limits between Hager Addition
and Main Street.
• September 28: North of Kansas Avenue to the south of Mary Street between Main
Street and Fleming Street.
• September 29:North of Kansas Avenue to Drainage Ditch between Taylor Ave. and Main
• September 30: General collection day to give adequate coverage to those areas that
may not have been completed during scheduled collection days in week one. For those
individuals who may have been missed during their regular collection day, please call
276-1270 by Thursday, September 29, to make arrangements to have your items
• October 3: South City Limits to Fulton Street between Taylor Avenue and Center Street;
South City Limits to Kansas Avenue between Center Street and Jennie Barker Road.
Chappel Heights Area.
• October 4: North of Fulton Street to South of Kansas Avenue between Main Street and
• October 5: North of Fulton Street to South of Kansas Avenue between Taylor Avenue
and Main Street.
• October 6: North of Fulton Street to South of Campbell Street between West City Limits
and Taylor Avenue.
• October 7: General collection day to give adequate coverage to those areas that may
not have been completed during scheduled collection days in week one.
For those individuals who may have been missed during their regular collection day, please call
276-1270 by Thursday, October 6, to make arrangements to have your items collected.
Residents can use an online application created by Finney County GIS to see when crews will
be at their address. The app can be found at https://www.finneycountygis.com/publicpickup/
The City of Garden City Public Works Department is coordinating this year’s Program. Because
of landfill regulations, the City asks homeowners to separate tree trimmings (no longer than
eight feet) into one pile, old furniture and boxes into another, and old appliances into another.
Please note the following regulations:
• Clean-up is for Residential Areas ONLY. (No Commercial).
• ALL ITEMS to be picked up must be placed by the street curb, NO alley pick-ups.
• Please do not put your debris on the water meters.
• Because of landfill regulations, we ask homeowners to separate tree trimmings into one
pile, old furniture and boxes into another, and old appliances into another.
• Refrigerators or Air Conditioners will not need to be discharged. Special care should
be taken to ensure old refrigerators and similar appliances are child-proofed (remove
or tie the doors shut) to prevent the chances of a serious mishap.
• We can pick up tree trimmings as long as they are no longer than 8 feet in length and
one truckload of tree branches/brush per home.
• Grass clippings and leaves are not permitted.
• Liquid paints and petroleum products (oil, roofing tar, crack sealer, gas, diesel and etc.)
are not permitted.
• Vehicle motors or batteries are not permitted.
• Shingles or roofing materials are not permitted.
• Building demolition debris is not permitted.
• The cost of all Tires and Rim Removal will be charged back to the address the City crews
collect them from.
• Any waste created by a contractor for tree trimming, home remodeling, appliances, etc.,
will not be accepted. The contractor is responsible for the removal service.
ALL ITEMS TO BE PICKED UP MUST BE PLACED BY THE STREET CURB, NO ALLEY OR GARAGE
If you would like to participate in the 2022 Fall Cleanup, please carry all items you want picked
up to the street curb the day before your scheduled pick-up. Remember, items will not be
collected if it is placed in the alleys or next to garages, etc.
If a City truck has gone by your area and picked up some items, but not all the items, this does
not mean the City is finished in your area. Each truck is designated to pick up certain items i.e.
appliances, tree limbs, miscellaneous items.
If the Street Department has not been in your area on the scheduled date, please be patient for
the Street Department may be delayed due to weather, closure of the landfill, etc. For those
individuals who may have been missed, please call 276-1270 by Friday, September 30 or
Thursday, October 6 to make arrangements to have your items collected.
All residents are encouraged to take pride in the appearance of Garden City by participating in
the 2022 Fall Cleanup Program.
Finney County residents may take your debris to Waste Connections on Friday, September 30
and Friday, October 7 for a small fee. The above rules still apply. If you have questions, please
get in touch with Waste Connections at 275-4421.