Garden City, KS(westernkansasnews.com) A fire in Garden City Wednesday evening caused extensive damage to a home.
The fire was caused by a grill in use that was too close to the house. Firefighters were sent to 1103 Safford Ave. at 6:28 p.m. The grill set fire to the vinyl siding of the home.
The fire did the most damage on the outside of the home, but did cause multiple small explosions and got inside the home.
Two people were at the house when the fire occurred. Both were safe when firefighters arrived. The home is deemed salvageable. No injuries occurred due to the fire.