Dr. Jerry A. Doornbos, age 75, passed away on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at his home in Scott City, Kansas. He was born on August 31, 1938 in El Dorado, Kansas, the son of H. Clair and Mildred Wilson Doornbos. A lifetime resident of Scott City, Kansas, he was Veterinarian, Farmer and Stockman. Jerry graduated from Kansas State University with a BS in Sciences in 1960 and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 1962.
He was a member of the First Christian Church of Scott City and served as a deacon for the First Christian Church for many years. He was a Lifetime member of Kansas state University Ahearn Club and Kansas State University, Alumni Association. He was also a member of the Kansas Livestock Association, Farm House Fraternity, KVMA and Scott City Investors Club.
Jerry was active as a board of director for Farm Credit of Southwest Kansas, Garden City, Kansas for over 20 years He served on the advisory board for both the KSU Ahearn and KSU Alumni Association . He served on the Scott County School Board for 10 years and the president for 2 years for this board.
Jerry had the greatest love for his alma mater, Kansas State, and celebrated 50 years of the Scott City Fry under his leadership last May.
On August 27, 1961 he married Mary J. Beach in Scott City, Kansas. She passed away on June 11, 2013 in Auburn, Alabama
- One Son Stuart Doornbos of Scott City, Kansas
- One Daughter Sara Doornbos & husband Dr. W. Wes Williams of Auburn, AL
- One Grandson Creighton Williams of Auburn, AL
- Two Brothers James & Norma Doornbos of El Dorado, Kansas
- Larry & Jane Doornbos of El Dorado, Kansas
- Three Sisters Mary & Jay Young of Cassoday, Kansas
- Cheryl & Ancil Juby of Casper, Wyoming
- Sharon & Terry Funk of El Dorado, Kansas
- One Brother in Law Dr. Terry & Martha Beach of Phoenix, Arizona
- One Sister in Law Sharilyn & Dr. Doug Young of Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- Numerous Nieces, Nephews and Cousins.
He was preceded in death by his Parents and Wife.
Funeral Services will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, January 13, 2014 at the First Christian Church in Scott City, Kansas with the Rev. Scott Wagner, Steve Payne and Don Williams presiding.
Burial will be in the Scott County Cemetery in Scott City, Kansas.
Friends may call from 1:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Saturday and 1:00 pm until 8:00 pm Sunday at the Price & Sons Funeral Home in Scott City, Kansas.
MEMORIALS IN LIEU OF FLOWERS may be given to the First Christian Church or K-State Beef Cattle Research in care of Price & Sons Funeral Home.